Using the Pringles Challenge, students plan and carry out an investigation to create a Pringles shipping container. Emphasis needs to be placed on PLANNING and CARRYING out the investigation. Using a medium agreed upon by the teacher, such as a narrative, oral report, presentation, etc., students create a plan. The plan could include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Necessary materials
- Step-by-step plan for their Pringles shipping container
- Description of the data collection
- Timeline of the investigation
- Example of data collection strategy (tables, graphs, etc.)
- How the results will be reported
Students then carry out the investigation and share the results.